LAGOS MARATHON: LESSONS LEARNT

I didn't plan to run for the Lagos marathon. I know I made a resolution to be fit this year, but I just felt that one was extreme, lets just say I cannot come and kill myself.
I had a program to attend on Saturday so I wasn't missing it for anything. I had heard about the marathon, I just figured that the worst that would happen was traffic, I am a Lagosian, I can't remember traffic killing anybody. I will be irritated. I will swear for Ambode, but I won't die.
 I felt if I left on time, I will just be stuck in traffic but I will still get to my destination.

So I took a bus to Obalende, we get to Lekki 1 and all the streets are blocked, no movement.
So the smartest idea I could come up with was to start trekking, I would take the Lekki Ikoyi bridge then find a Keke or bike there.
So I started trekking with my companions like a pilgrim. I was just trekking and questioning all the bad decisions I have made in my entire adult life.
So after 2 hours of trekking, one bike, one keke and one bus, I got to my destination, with my legs crying for help.

This is me, questioning all my decision making skills
Its safe to say that I have kept fit for the whole year.
So these are the few things I noticed as I walked:
  • Breakfast is the most important meal of the day: Yup! As I kept moving, I just started thanking God that I ate before I left. I have an haphazard diet. I eat out of peer pressure most times, I eat because someone is eating, its easier for me that way, so I don't have to think about what to eat, I trust that persons judgement. Please I need food suggestions, don't mention bread, rice, beans, yam, potato, plantain, noodles. I beg you forgossake.
  • Don't use common sense in your life's journey: Forget Uncle Ben Bruce, common sense is the worst! 1+1 is not always 2. Common sense told me traffic was the worst thing that happened. I should have inquired more. My legs won't have been paining me, if I asked questions. Choi.
  • Lagosians can be quite manner less: I am too sure 50% of the persons who took part of that race are educated people, but for some reason they felt it wise to dispose their empty bottles of water on the road. Should I blame Olamide for this? Maybe he should have clarified when he said #LeavetrashforLawma.Let me explain what that hastag means, it means leave trash in the dustbin and they will take care of it. Lagos people, stop throwing your waste anywhere apart from the bin *inserts plenty clap emojis*
  • Flats stay winning: I can't thank God enough for the person who thought of making flat shoes. Wherever that person is? Do flourish. That was my saving grace on Saturday. Lest I forget, the makers of jeans too. Its part of the reasons I laugh when people say women shouldn't wear trousers. Please behave!
    When I hear people say women should not wear trousers
  • I should invest in a new phone, my phone is a constant reminder of my bad decisions. I have learnt my lessons. Saturday would have been nice to take nice selfies and videos and upload on SnapChat or Instagram. The lesson learnt is this bad decisions have ripple effects.
I am done!
Don't forget to leave a comment. They make me happy!!

Image Credit: Canva.com and Zikoko.com

No comments

nwawe ifeoma. Powered by Blogger.