ME AND MICHEAL KORS



At the end of last year, I tweeted that all I wanted for Christmas was a Michael Kors wristwatch, I was hoping that maybe one of my many friends will vex and buy for me, whish kain, all of them just carry face up like say dem no see am. 
One of my classmates  Ade tweeted back at me and said, 'Ifeoma, I will buy for you, don't worry". Me no know say na yimu d boy dey give me (remind me to deal with him Mafia style)
When I started IT, I took up online window shopping as my new hobby, I finally checked their website and I discovered that the cheapest Michael Kors watch was £160 , where I drop money, biko?
What have I not done for this watch? I have sold my younger sister sef, upon all, no show.
Last Saturday, my mum and i went to Lagos market to get somethings and i reminded her that my old watch got  bad after weeks of hitting it and i needed a new one. Na im she carry me go Jankara, in that place i saw my beloved Michael Kors, the price was unbelievable #1600, for the first time in my life, I didn't feel like pricing( who are we deceiving, I still priced it).. My watch was knock off but who cares? Na so I begin send message to all my friends.
Fashion is ridiculously expensive, its hard to be a big girl in Lagos especially when you don't have a source of income, choi!! It can pain!!
My friend Layo and I are unapologetic about liking the fine things of life even if it means getting the knock-off. Trust me, its not feeling among o!!  We would rather buy our sunglasses from mallams than in air conditioned shops (its not like we have a choice). We even know how to improvise to make any red lipstick look like a MAC Ruby Woo. We are that good!!But we will never carry a Guggi bag to replace Gucci, we are not that tacky.
This post is dedicated to all girls like me, we are all in this together. One day, our song will be Drake's 'started from the bottom'. 
Farabale, we will get there... Have a fabulous weekend.. :*
                                                                   Love, 
                                                                   Ifeoma N.

5 comments

Ruth said...

i like that me sef join!!!! see my blog and tell me wat u think! http://www.nazasdiary.com

Unknown said...

Really impressed with your work here, keep it up!!!!!

Unknown said...

nice one....all this plenty senren ren just to comment

JustPorsh said...

Lmao!
Started from the bottom no be small.
Like I said, from Primark to Louboutins and Zanottis.
Let's go there!

Unknown said...

hehe. Babe all these are part of my motivations to succeed.

nwawe ifeoma. Powered by Blogger.