THE EXPERIENCE 8

Can we all agree that Pastor Paul Adefarasin is one beautiful man (inside and outside??). The idea behind THE EXPERIENCE is such a wonderful one. The thought of bringing worshipers around Lagos just to worship God is applaudible and the best part is that it is FREE!!!
This was my first experience and i must say that i was wowed. I was having second thoughts, because I was thinking of worse case scenarios: what if they steal my phone ( God replied, Ifeoma you use a china phone, trust me nobody will steal it) and He was right.
The Experience was beautiful, the performance by different artistes were electrifying from Freke, Midnight Crew (my favorite), Tye Tribett (the guy has so much energy), Donnie McClurkin, Cece, Frank Edwards, Don Moen, Mike Aremu.
I couldn't help shouting #TURNUPFORJESUS at every performance.
Even the MC's voice was bursting my brain, I actually thought it was BBA'S IK but after my investigation on twira, I found out it was the Asst Pastor HOTR.
I was also impressed at the level of security: everyone that could inflict pains on erring persons were present; from soldiers, to police officers, to personal bodyguards. They were everywhere, they even caught one guy, if you see see wetin dem take the boy eye see, no be today we go talk am.
Well this post is for people who will be attending The Experience 9. These are the rules of survival:

  • Leave early: Its best to leave before rush hour, anyone who stays in Lagos, knows that traffic is irritating. Its also advisable to leave on time so you can get a good seat in front of the projector for a good view.
  • Go with your favorite persons:This one can be tricky. I think its best you go with your friends as against the boo,I went with my sis and friend (Layo and Chidi). From what i observed most people who went with the boo couldn't get enough of themselves. If they are not touching, they are sitting on each other (i kid not!!!). If you wanted to spend the night together why not book a room at Eko hotel? Is it because its a free show/ ( well, there is my answer)
  • Get something to eat: Make sure you do this before you enter the venue because once you get there all you will hear is, 'Experience water, N100, o!!!!!', 'Experience Gla, N70, o!!' LOBATAN. Try and avoid the jollof rice and plantain in front of TBS. I know it smells good, i know its grainy, i know it will probably taste good, but you don't want it to turn your tummy and there is nothing as  bad as purging in a public toilet (true story).
  • Make up and Hair: Looking good can be overrated on days like this, BN's camera wont be clicking away at you. It just you and God. Pack your hair, I know it looks good when you let it down but don't be tempted heat go finish you.
  • Footwear and Clothing : Avoid dark clothing, sweaters and turtlenecks but that one doesnt mean that you will now be wearing bra. The best footwear are shoes, sandals and slippers especially the one from Lagos market will treat your fuck up, when you start hustling for bus after the program. Lagosians are vicious, nobody is a gentleman or lady. In the eyes of the man you are just another flat-chested individual with hair extensions. Avoid jewelry too, its 2013 and people still drag neck-pieces from unsuspecting people ( ask Layo).
  • Don't buy your BRT ticket immediately: The BRT queue is long and people jump the queue, even if you like shout and shine your eyes its a waste of energy, nobody dey see your face, after all its 5am. Its best if you wait for a while and enter the normal yellow buses (take my experience as the gospel, i still have two unused BRT tickets).
  • Learn your songs: there is no need attending  The Experience if you think 2face will pop up on stage. Aint gonna happen.
  • Carry toiletries: Ruby Woo's younger sister might just show up and you dont want too start dishing out super stories that touch.
These are my rules for survival, if you have any one drop it in the comment section below!!!
Have a great week ahead. I will be attending Shiloh during the week, you guys should come along too!!
                                                                                        xoxo,
                                                                                        Ifeoma N


7 comments

naijawife said...

LOL!!! I couldn't stop laughing when you said they should go to Eko Hotel. Oh my word!

Unknown said...

Lmao! This was funny! I've never been to the experience, I'm always scared of all that crowd. Maybe I'll go nextyear, maybe.

Unknown said...

Very vital info! I must say, wanted to attend too but missed it for other reasons...Anyways, thanks for this and Keep it up too

Ire said...

Wow,, Ifeoma...all my teeth are pasted on my face as i'm typing this!! Its funny and informative...couldn't have enough of it. Thumbs up girl! Now..you make me feel like i missed

JustPorsh said...

Loll!
Great sense of humour.

Unknown said...

nwawe we are getting there....

African fashiob said...

Me likey!!!!!!!!!

nwawe ifeoma. Powered by Blogger.