BEASTS OF NO NATION

DISCLAIMER: I am not a deep person.
This post is quite random.
I went to see Beasts of No Nation during the week and for some reason I liked it. It was different from the other movies that interest me.
Let me not lie, I watched to fulfill scriptures. You know that part of the Bible that says,’ can anything good come out of Jerusalem?’

You know the movie was produced based on a book by Uzodinma Iweala. Nigerians are not necessarily associated with the Midas touch. I wasn’t sure what to expect.
The movie made me cry. It made me empathize and sympathies with victims of war and child soldiers who didn’t have a choice (not that I am justifying why you should cause people pain).

War is a terrible situation; I won’t wish it on my enemy. The fact that someone comes from nowhere and forces you to leave the life you are already used to, it’s painful.

The suddenness of how your life changes, the ones who have to look death in the eyes and die in the most painful way (the scene of the engineering student who survived the bomb blast and got killed with a knife), the ones who think they are running to safety and embrace death on the way.

I volunteered at Edu-Aid as a phonics instructor and one of my pupils was affected by Boko Haram, his school and their home was bombed he had to run down to Lagos to stay with his aunt. His parents went to the village and somehow felt he would be better off in Lagos. Imagine the terror.
I helped out at The Future Awards and some members of the team traveled to Chibok to give relief items to the Internally Displaced Persons, and the story wasn’t pretty. They didn’t have banks, they couldn’t communicate, their kids couldn’t go to school, and their animals had to be killed because they had become wild after tasting blood from dead bodies.

I don’t get hate. I don’t understand how you see your fellow human and decide he is not fit to live. How do you arrive at that conclusion? What’s the logic behind it? I don’t get how people steal money supposed to be for the soldiers fighting the war and sleep comfortably at night; I don’t get how someone decides that Nigeria’s money is for his family alone.
That’s just the worst kind of hate.
It’s easy for one to get carried away in Lagos; and think you are safe. Terrorism is not a Northern thing; it’s an assault to the nation.
You see these rebels and you wonder how did we go wrong? What made this person that was once a child embrace hate? How was it possible for him to be angry for such a long time?

Am I naive to just want world peace, now and forever? Amen.

Can’t we just be happy with ourselves? Can we all be merry indeed?
Enjoy your weekend!!!!
Don't forget to leave a comment ,they make me happy!!

No comments

nwawe ifeoma. Powered by Blogger.