CONVOCATION BANTS



I am blessed to have petite sisters and stylish ones at that. When people ask me where I get most of my dresses I am quick to say, ‘one of my sisters’. It was yesterday I realized how lucky I was to have their hand me downs.
I went to Lekki 1 to check Grey Velvet but nothing was happening there. I went to another shop there and I saw this nice grey lace dress, it fit like a glove, I was in love!!! I decided to check the price tag of the dress, I saw 21k. I hated the dress, I termed it ugly immediately. I felt a slight headache. I swallowed Panadol.I checked another wine dress with a sweetheart neckline. I loved the fit, one would have a tiny peek at my ladies, but I could work with that. I checked the price tag I saw 26k. Fever took over me. They said they would give me a discount. I was relieved. How much discount nah? They said 10%.The new price was N23,400. Una never ready. How does that solve my problem kwa? Can boutiques stop this 10% off BS shenanigans? If you want to do sale, do it to the glory of God and the shame of the devil. Stop merry go rounding and dilly-dallying.
and this is meant to be 23k?Nzuzu..

That is how I moved round Admiralty way. With each store came heart attack. It’s either the fabric is terrible, too dark, too short, too big, too pricey, too scandalous.The annoying part is when the shop attendants will see something that is obviously ugly and have the nerves to tell you,’ my sister o wa fine gan!! See as you resemble Michelle Obama. Wan ma gba ni nu Covenant’. Iranu. Another person saw me wearing a size 10 dress and she said,’ you fit hold am nah. If you buy am now I go fine Obioma for you quick quick’. Thunder fire you dia. Mu na gi Obioma, chukwu aju!! If I am going to spend so much on a dress is it fair that I amend it?
See what they said i should adjust

Will Michelle Obama wear this?














God knows like good things but I at the same time I hate stress. Life after graduation just hit me like a slap across my face. I can’t collect clothes from my sisters for long and good things take a lot of proper time investment.

         BTW:If you are going dress shopping, I take God beg you
  • ·       Go without make-up, If you stain their dresses you will pay
  •      Wear good underwear, leave the granny pants with several holes, an over-zealous attendant might just decide to enter the dressing room and you know we all hate see finish .
  • ·       Devils in form of clueless attendants and customers will show up and convince you to buy trash, biko, no look their face. Follow your inner gut,or better still carry someone that will tell them,'Oya, it haff do. Hold ya lips' .
  •      Go round as many shops as possible. Of course you wont buy them all, but wont you live better knowing you have an idea of that dress will look on you/? while wearing the clothes convince them that you are in love and would be back..(well it worked for me).
  •    Don't go to someone's shop and be pricing their market like tomato and crayfish. Mbanu. If you don't like the price dust your shoes and leave biko, if not dem fit call security come carry you.
The best part of my waka is that i noticed my hips are enlarging and I didn't even do the squat!! Oh!! How I sang  Donald Lawrence's Enlarge my territory!!!
oma
i looked larger than this, the camera is messing with me

Photo Credit:Victor Iweanya and my cousin.



                                                                                      


No comments

nwawe ifeoma. Powered by Blogger.