THE STRUGGLE OF AN ANDROID USER

See ehn, if the heat in Nigeria doesn’t kill you, the expensive data rates will.


There are many struggles for android users: bad camera quality and high data rates. IOS users are heavily compensated, at least if you spend your whole money on data, your megapixels will console you.
This post has been due for a long time. It’s been a year since I upgraded my phone and I won’t lie I have not had the best of time.

When I was still phone hunting, I just wanted to get a Blackberry. Blackberry plans are very affordable, you subscribe for the monthly plan of your service provider and you wont soak garri after.

When you think of the garri you soaked and nobody liked your pics on IG

My issue with android phones was that it was too expensive to maintain. Just open YouTube peren, Airtel will just send message that ‘75% of your data bundle has been exhausted’’



when Airtel sends that message, I am just there like oversabi, who sent you?

My issue was that I was using my data like a rich kid. In school we were entitled to 4GB data per month, and for some reason my brain has refused to remind me that those days are long gone. So I was always on BN, opening Who Wore It Best, Red Carpet Fab Looks, or I was on Instagram struggling for likes, liking other people’s pictures hoping they would return the favor (they didn’t) or laughing at Oluwakaponeski’s videos.
After 2 weeks my 2gb data had run down. If I continued at that rate, I would be spending 4k per month on data. On whose account biko? Am I DJ Cuppy?
So imagine my joy when Airtel sent me a message about their new ‘WTFB’ bundle for Whatsapp, Twitter, Facebook and BBM, it would cost me just 200naira.
I told everyone who cared to listen; I preached the gospel of WTFB like John the Baptist in the wilderness.
What I didn’t know was that WTFB had its limitations, you can use these various social media platforms but you won’t see pictures (the humiliation).
So you are chatting with someone and you can’t see their faces, you are literally chatting with bubble heads, it’s a terrible something.
The best part of WTFB is that you can actually open Instagram, but you won’t see picture (I am actually crying).
Because I am somehow, me sef I will just be liking your pictures away depending on how deep your quotes are or I just depend on the good pictures I have seen in the past i.e. If you have a Noble Igwe reputation, I just like away, I don’t hold back).


What my IG looks like with WTFB
There are times I just tell my friend, ‘what’s on your dp, send it to biko!!!’(See I am not proud of myself).
Did I tell you that with WTFB you can’t use your web browser so I just tell people to send me screenshots of whatever link they want me to see.



UB sent me these screenshots.


This android life has not been easy, offing data everywhere, logging in and out of Instagram (if you see me liking pictures on the gram or commenting and tagging friends, foggerit, I have seen free wifi).
Please don’t leave me like this, you people can relate to this struggle abi? It’s not only me bah? Answer me nah!!
Don't forget to leave a comment ,they make me happy!!

No comments

nwawe ifeoma. Powered by Blogger.