MELANIN

Fear not, I have not moved to the light side, that is just filter.
I was discussing with my younger sister and a friend of hers came to mind, and I asked after her. She told me she had just ended things with her boyfriend.
For the sake of this piece, lets call her Ainu.

Nma and Ainu become very close in SS1 and I just liked her, she is really pleasant and very chatty. She and Iya got along very fine.
Fast forward to 3 years later, she gained admission into UNILAG and she came to visit during the holidays. When I saw her, she was glowing, not the you-take-care of-yourself-very-well glow or the 'you-have-peace-of-mind glow.No.  This was the work of Caro White and her many sisters.
I said, 'Madam, wetin happen? Why so yellow?'
She says, 'Ifeoma, you won't believe what happened. I went for modelling auditions and I didn't get picked. You should have seen the riff-raffs they took in my place. I was way better than them but they were all light skinned. If i can't beat them I will join them.
Well 2 years later, she meets bae, she actually likes him a lot. Nma says did you tell him about that over the years there had been a dramatic change in your skin tone?!
She says no, its in the past, so it should remain there. Well she forgot that in this age of social media 'Asiri le tu any fucking time '.

Bae's face when he saw the pictures and shit didn’t add up 
Bad belle people went to dig up old pictures and bae saw it and he was like, 'so this your fluorescent skin is not real? Our babies will not be yellow?  is that what you are saying? '
Long and short of the story was that he broke up with her.
My question is this, if you found out bae bleached before you met her, will you end things or you will look beyond the bleached skin and let her wonderful personality console you?
Is it that deep?  Am I missing something?
Lets discuss!

No comments

nwawe ifeoma. Powered by Blogger.