#NIGERIADECIDES

The elections are finally here!! The deadly day has arrived. No one is more excited than I am, the elections  were getting to me. It even lowered Fashola and JK's IQ, but I have forgiven them.
The annoying part of it was the constant mudslinging at their uninspiring rallies with Chioma Jesus and her colorful hats belting out tunes, holding their ridiculous umbrellas and brooms.
Please let's give a minute of silence for the friendships and relationships that came to an end because of differing opinions about the two major contestants. 

My friend's relationship with a babe grew craw craw because she couldn't give him a reasonable reason why she was voting GEJ. They don't talk today and the young man doesn't have a PVC.
By the way there is a new trend, when you support the unpopular candidate, it means money has been exchanged?  If I campaigned against you and all you stood for 4 years ago, don't i get the right to change my mind?  Is 4 years not a long time to change my thought process?
I am not GEJ's biggest fan but I think its only right that we applaud him for ebola, but I don't know if the country can afford the luxury of having him on that seat for the next 4 years. The way huge sums of money just got missing in his administration when its not car key and no one was brought to book. We have moved on, nothing happened. Lack of accountability, lack of a sense of urgency  was the order of the day for the past 4 years.
To be sincere I would love to vote. I would. But choosing between tattered shoes and aged general is just unexciting. Voting based on lesser evil is not a school of thought I belong to. I would love to stand under the sun and decide our next president, but I know these people they just keep disappointing. Nigeria is a country, i am quite emotional about.Nigeria reminds of a terrible relationship, where one of the parties promises the other heaven on earth and after a while they just change, they just stop trying. It's like a badly executed Nollywood movie. 

Heaven knows I pray for this nation because I don't have a way out, it is for these reasons Nigeria must be fine.
Well, let the less evil person win. I pray the candidates obey the rules of sportsmanship and accept their fate. If GEJ wins can GMB promise to assist him as an elder statesman?  If GMB wins can GEJ just behave and not whine?!  No mudslinging? If KOWA wins, can we all  celebrate? No, eesnotrue?! Can we? 
And as for the supporters can you stop making anyone outside your team look like the devil?  No Oloshi, bastard, fool, akpoda. Is it too much to ask, for the sake of love?! 

Whether your candidate wins or not, demand what you deserve immediately.No time for useless jubilation..They must work!!
Vote with a discerning spirit, vote because Nigeria must be better.
Be safe!!  Vote with your thumb not fist.Don't be a statistic..
Love,
Ifeoma N.

No comments

nwawe ifeoma. Powered by Blogger.