ONE RANDOM DAY

On Wednesday, I took a bus from Alpha Beach going to Obalende. It wasn’t my best choice for a bus as the vehicle contained just one passenger, I was going to be the second passenger but I just wanted to leave on time. Growing up, if we were going to enter a bus my mum told us to enter one that was filled with passengers, she said it was always safer.
As we moved from one bus stop to another passengers started filling the bus and I was less skeptical.
We got to Jakande and our driver parked wrongly and from nowhere these uniformed men in blue and black
 parked in front of us with their guns. Ha!! I was expecting the driver to stop and at least grease their palms. But no, the isiokpukpu reversed and started speeding off, I looked back and I saw that they were still chasing us. We got to Chisco and we had to drop off two passengers and the police men parked in front of  us and pointed their guns at the driver. Our driver was not even scared; he was using our lives to re-live a scene from Red. You should have seen the way he reversed violently; it was by the grace of God that we didn’t collide with other vehicles. It was at that point I started shouting,’ Jesus!! Oga, abeg no take my life play, my convocation is in three weeks’ time, biko’.  I started telling God,’ Chukwu, I am sorry I didn’t pray this morning but my life cannot end like this, I still have plans for my future, I don’t have a job yet, I still want that job that will pay the bills and pamper me at the same time.  I never marry, I never born pikin, just so you know my eggs are fertile. I don’t want to be on Linda’s headline.’
The driver was still saying, 'Sisi, nothing go happen'. I say 'how you take know? Oga, you know say na me siddon for your back?  Anything wey touch you fit touch me toomy parents won't hear story o!! Have you not heard of accidental discharge?'
After my prayer, he turned at the alternate route and we lost the uniformed men.
What is the moral of this story? Pray before you leave your house and my convocation is in three weeks!!! Umu chukwu, clap for Jesus!!
PS: Two Covenant University students Ejura and Unekwu Opaluwah got kidnapped on Sunday, say a word of prayers on their behalf of them and their families.
The death of Kefee and Dora Akunyili made me numb. It was unexpected and unbelievable. We pray that God grants their family members the fortitude to bear this loss. Amen.
                                                                                                         xoxo,
                                                                                                         Ifeoma N.
Photo Credit: Vanguard Newspapers


No comments

nwawe ifeoma. Powered by Blogger.