MUCH ADO ABOUT PET NAMES


Growing up we all had pet names that our loved ones called us, we didn't always like it. Most times these pet names had a story. Mine was ‘Oma’ meaning good, I didn't know the story behind the name but it stuck. My baby sister’s name was ‘Ochonma’ meaning ‘the one who looked for good’, it meant she liked Shakara, she hated it for a while.
Most of these pet names were suffixed with ‘listic’,’ sco’ or ‘fire’ .
In secondary school, people had nicknames, mine was ‘oneway’. It was the easier way to pronounce my surname ‘Nwawe’. My baby sis adopted it when she joined me.
In the university, you meet your first boyfriend and your feel the need to give him a name to mark territory (whatever that means), it’s at this point, everyone acts cute. You hear names like ‘boo’, ’baby’, ‘sugar’, etc..
Then you get married and become more traditional, you go with ‘darling’,’ dear’, and ‘my heart’.

But the issue is that people go overboard with these names, a relative of mine  calls her husband MY LORD. Way to raise the bar. Which one is my lord, your house na court?
I personally think much of these pet names. But what do I know? So what was your pet name growing up and what ridiculous one do you have in mind for your partner. Let me know..
P.S:If you have products you want to showcase on-line, send a mail to Rita at   rita@hostsleek.com or ritaelohor1@yahoo.com
                                                                                                 Xoxo,
                                                                                                 Ifeoma N.

No comments

nwawe ifeoma. Powered by Blogger.