TAKING STOCK: JANUARY


The thing with writing taking stock posts is that sometimes you forget the highlights of the month, well for me at least, so I end up taking stock for the week that just passed.
This month I decided to be more intentional and actually jot down whatever I felt stood out for me.
Hi *good person who still reads my blog even though I am inconsistent AF * Guys!!
Do I say Happy New Year or do I carry on like nothing happened? Decisions. Decisions. Decisions.
Now that, that is out of the way, how are you? If fine, glory be to God.  

2018 started and I hit the ground running (Nigerian politician lingo).

Well, not really, I decided that I will enter it with style, this process will not be rushed but it will be intentional.





Let's take stock!

Feeling: grateful for people who read blogs and go out of their way to send in a word of encouragement to remind you that you are not talking to yourself. Thank you, Oreva.

Trying: my hands at difficult things this year, because the people doing it don't have two heads. Maybe they do. But I won't find out if I don't try, right?

Finished: Sarah Ladipo Manyika's In Dependence. Beautiful book. I like how it captured interracial relationships and feminism. It made me realize how far we have come as a people with respect to race. And that thing about love not being enough, sometimes it is true.

Making: peace with the fact that Taiye Selasi's Ghana Must Go was not written for me. It will find its real owner but it’s not me. But I will keep trying because money exchanged hand before I got that book.

Celebrating: Valentine by myself next month but because self-care I have pre-ordered Atoke's +234 An Awkward guide to being Nigerian from Roving Heights and it will be shipped in today. I am expectant because all Atoke does is do good work.

Looking: at my life and wondering when I will be able to afford nice things from clothes, hair, books, and another degree. I know I am supposed to trust rhe process but why is it taking so long though?

Exchanging: Pinterest ideas with my friend, Layo as we plan her wedding. Did I tell you I got proposed to? Well to be her Chief bridesmaid. I am excited!!

Eatingagbalumo and wondering how long we have to wait before these things become sweet. Mangoes will come through last last.

Wondering: when January will end. January is really that visitor that comes to your house and overstays her welcome. She shows up 10am and you are happy to welcome her, give her breakfast and at 2pm when you are serving lunch she is still there, sitting pretty telling you to change channels because there is Jenifa's Diary marathon on Rok TV. At 5pm, you want to go for house fellowship and she still wants to come along. Fellowship is over and instead of stopping the next okada and hopping on it she insists on coming home to tell the kids bye bye properly. 
Gurl, if you don't git! 


 Happy February in advance! May it be all you want it to be. Iseeeee!!!
Don't forget to leave a comment. They make me happy!!

No comments

nwawe ifeoma. Powered by Blogger.