STAY WOKE!

We are in the age of political correctness.
Everyone stays woke.
You can't say anything without it being over analysed by strange persons.
Its a good thing and a bad thing.
It means people are not careless with their utterances.
You can't afford to be a closet tribalist or homophobe or an overly religious person, you will be found out.



For me there is a particular grey area in this correctness and its in the area of religion.
Let me list two scenarios
1. On twitter someone shared a lady's testimony. Her son was born autistic, schools wouldn't accept him because they didn't have the facilities to cater for a special needs child. Just like the average Nigerian mom she ran from pillar to post, church to church and nothing happened. After a while, she got tired of praying for his healing and started started praying for the boy's death, for her it was easier to mourn a dead child than deal with the burden of taking care of a special needs child. Some how God did it, one day he opened his mouth and spoke and today he is 18.
Its at this point that the church should say Amen right?
But woke people said no.
They said she should have used that time to educate herself about autism.
They may be right, but my point is the miracle happened right?


2. We have all been in church when someone comes to share a testimony of how he survived an accident and the other people in the vehicle died but God kept him.
I have seen in recent times that those testimonies don't sit well with people online.
They consider it insensitive. They say does that mean that God wasn't watching the other people?
And I may see reason with them, that doesn't mean I agree with them.
So if i get involved in an accident am I just supposed to be looking at God and ask Him questions like,'Why you no try save those people?'
I don't know, this one is not adding up for me.
To be honest I won't survive an accident and keep shut about it, I will go tell it on the mountains, over the hills,everywhere!! I could have been dead and I am not, I won't keep calm.
Its sad that the other persons lost their lives, I can't explain why God would save a person and take another, but I don't think its my business. I am aware that life happens, I am aware that it could have been me, that's why I will loud it.
When God delivers you from evil, you can choose to keep quiet, but don't censor my reaction.
So tell me, are you team testimony or team gbenu e dake?




Don't forget to leave a comment. They make me happy!!

No comments

nwawe ifeoma. Powered by Blogger.