MY TOP TEN SONGS SINCE I ENTERED LAGOS

Quick question: If you just came back from Imo to Lagos because of NYSC, are you an #IJGB (I Just Got Back)? Do I get to brand myself with that name?  No?  Alright.
So I just discovered some new songs since I got to Lagos, apparently they are not new but I might have been living under a rock. So here is my list :

1. Show by Victoria Kimani: The song is a jam and a half. The end. I don’t know how well to describe it.
2. Taking over me by Yemi Alade ft.phyno: I like yemi alade, I don't think she has a bad song from bamboo to johnny to kissing. Her energy na die. I know her songs have the sound but it never gets boring. And the way she shouts 'ho ha'.
3. Pray for me by Dare and Soweto gospel choir: This song is deep. It just shows how as humans we get weak and a prayer from loved ones won't hurt.
4. Wish me well by Timi Dakolo:  see no.3
5.Karashika by Falz the bad guy ft. Phyno: I like falz. He is funny, that his accent I hope its an act. It's hard to keep a straight face when I hear him speak. If you listen to this song, the punchlines are insane.
6. Cinderella by Olumaintain and 2face: The reason why I like olu maintain is that he isn't a regular musician almost like he is not concerned about the Nigerian crowd forgetting him. Look at his record from yahozee, karma kazee, nawti. He will just drop better song and go MIA. The best part of this song was the part where he dropped  'if you see mammy o, never ever ever run away🎷🎸🎺' from Sir Victor Uwaifo. Anyone who knows me, knows how nostalgic I get when I listen to oldies. Plus having 2face on the track threw me away, that was the icing on the cake. One day 2face will cough and I will shout,'Waawu, Baba you dey scara my brain.See how deep and philosophical your cough is. So much rhythm'.
7. My woman My everything by Patoranking and wande coal: Patoranking is bae. He is everything. Maybe is the Jamaican thing. I can't place a finger on it but I love him and his music.
8.Ojuelegba by Wizkid ft Drake and Skepta. Ojuelegba is epic on its own, then you now come and add Drake, then Skepta. My favorite parts was how Drake just entered the song from nowhere, then when Skepta ended, and Wizkid just shouted, 'ekira fun mummy mi o!ojojunmo lo shey adura'.
9. Abeg by Sean Tizzle: Sean tizzle has been very consistent and the reason why I like this song and his other love songs (look at igi orombo) is that he sounds really sincere. If I get married tomorrow I would appreciate it if the dj just drops it from nowhere.
10. Melo Melo by Olamide: I don't connect with Olamide maybe its the language barrier or the way he shouts. I hear an Olamide song and I feel like I did something wrong and I just apologize.For someone to shout so much all the time, there is no way someone has not offended him. But I kid,  that is his art. Melo melo is different, it's calm. I like it.
So what has been your favorite song in the past one mont?

No comments

nwawe ifeoma. Powered by Blogger.