LOVE OR PESTILENCE

we were literally rubbing shoulders with Mai
When Friday night, while the whole of Lagos was turning up, I was helping my cousin take out her kinky braids and we were just having random conversations from how her daughter said her nanny looked like a zebra because she wore a black and white stripped dress to how her pastor keeps rallying for followers on twitter. I still need to find the connection with hair and gist, its almost inevitable.



The gist finally moved to celebrities and the code of conduct of their fans around them.
She saw Matse Uwatse that was formerly on Nigeria Info (you remember her right) at her customer's stall in the market.


 I asked if she said hi . She said , 'No, What for?' 


She goes on, ‘Oma, contrary to popular opinion these people need their space, I don’t like people disturbing me so I won’t do that to another person, by the way do you know how many people greeted her on her way here? I did her a favor’.

She said another day she stopped at Nuts About Cakes Bakery at Lekki 1 and as she was about to leave she saw a couple taking selfies at the entrance of the shop, and they were caused a ruckus at the entrance as the girl was whining about the lighting for the selfie. She said when she looked closely she saw it was Naeto C and he didn't look particularly excited taking that selfie, but he did it for the fans. She said, ‘Oma, don’t you think he would have been happier if he bought his bread in peace?’ All these are called pestilence!!




I personally disagree with her, I think it’s called showing love because you love their craft. What am I saying? It’s called famzing.

If I see a celebrity I fancy I will say hi or probably take a picture as long as you don’t have a mean bodyguard attached to you. I can’t even tone it down. Once, I saw Tara Durotoye at a bank on Adeola Odeku and I said, ‘Good afternoon, ma’. She replied,’ Hello dear, how are you doing today?’
see how i was grinning from ear to ear at Ofili"s book signing
Once Mai Atafo came to school for our Redefinition Fashion Show and I followed him to twitter and he promised me a discount on my wedding dress whenever bae and I are ready.
this is evidence incase he has forgotten :)
The only place I won’t say hi or exchange pleasantries is in church because I think everybody deserves to connect with their maker in peace and I want to keep the Sabbath day holy (whatever that means).

Maybe I am still acting like this because I am still in my youth. Maybe as old age sets it I will give up on famzing. Just maybe..
Yesterday I was at the Leading Ladies Africa Power Talk Series where Chude Jideonwo and other panelists were there and for the life of me, I couldn't network. What I fear might have fallen upon me. Is this bye bye to my youthful days? Waawu!! It came unhexperredly.

So what do you think, is famzing pestilence? Have you ever famzed a celebrity and they squeezed face like spoilt moi moi? what was their countenance like?
PS: Famzing is so much easier when your front camera game is on point. Take it from me.
Have an exciting week..

No comments

nwawe ifeoma. Powered by Blogger.