JUST RANDOM

Eku Odun Falentine!!!
Hey Guys, I can still say Happy Valentine right? How was your February 14? Mine was just another Friday. I went to class; we had a general public lecture and our leadership classes.

You see all through my life I have never being Val’ed, it has never being my portion. Jesus has always being my  boo. Jesus, boo of the booless. All I do on Val’s day is just observe, or ‘aww’ and ‘ahh’ , when I see people with their gifts. On Val’s day, I was so grateful, that I didn't have an Instagram account, the hashtags would have killed me: #seewhattheboogotforme #ilovehim #what willmylifebewithoutyou #blahblahblah.

Well, this year God changed my story (Hallaluyah??) .Most of my course mates broke with their boos , just before Valentine (bad timing abi?), the ones that were dating are in LDRs.
So on Val's day, one of our very beautiful classmates sent us cakes, all 26 of us,that was so thoughtful of him. My friend got me a pack of Milo Cereal (that cereal is the sweetest thing since bread and akara), another friend also gave me a set of cupcakes (don't i have beautiful people around me?)
I want to use this platform to appreciate everyone who made valentine memorable for their loved ones..


Just some observations:
  • Why do people feel the need to dress like clowns on Valentine’s Day? I understand that you are in love but come on, dressing up like an herbalist is not something that will please your date. Even one of my lecturers did not want to be left behind, he wore an orange suit. It’s really not that serious, but hey, the things we do for love.
  • The cakes: Am I the only one that noticed that most cakes baked around this period is never nice, especially if you are buying from start-up businesses, they just toss out trash, throw it tacky red and white cardboard and put an annoying-supposed- to-be heartfelt message. The one that pissed me off, was the cake my roommate’s friend got for her, as far as I am concerned they put flour inside oil,fried it, poured red powder and called it red velvet cake.. It’s not nice that people spend so much money trying to please their loved ones and bakers just mess it up. If you know you will be swamped with work, tell the persons it won’t be possible.
  • The gifts: Personally, I think valentine gifts should not be over the top, save it for the birthdays. It should be thoughtful.  One guy sent his babe 14 cakes, ahan, what are you trying to prove? It wasn't even cupcakes, it was 8 inches each. Please let’s do the math: Assuming on cake is 5k, multiply it by 14, is that not 70k? Why didn't he gather the money and buy her a mini tab or something. If she is now fat, the mumu boy will now break up with her. All ye, agents sent in form of boyfriends, I rebuke you.
  • The songs: The way artistes hurry up to churn out music, pisses me off. But no song annoyed me like Tiwa Savage’s Love in Yellow, there is no excuse for a song to be that bad.. No excuse. Davido’s Aye is just aii. I haven’t listened to Wande Coal’s Plan B just to prevent heartbreak. And the new comer in Mavin records Di’ja what was she singing in that Yaro song? Lynxx's No comment? I actually have no words.. iWeak..

Well how did you spend your valentine? Were you part of the people in the swimming pool that Linda shared on her blog? Don’t be shy, if you were one of them do like this O/.
Have a great week ahead..
                                                                                                           Luv,

                                                                                                           Ifeoma N.


No comments

nwawe ifeoma. Powered by Blogger.