HAIRSTYLING IN LAGOS 101

This is a rant!!

You know how you go to the salon and you meet a customer who has an attitude? You don't like her because you think she is really being rude . But do you notice something? Her hair gets done. She looks fabulous and you with all your humility pant dey wear you.
I have noticed that these Lagos stylists don't listen. Especially the ones on the island, all that attitude when you are not even a pro in your craft? Will you gerrarahere? I am managing you and you
Today I went to the salon with my receeding hairline and i told the babe, 'sofri sofri, please pretend that these edges don't exist .Ignore them. If the devil tells you to pick them. Tell him not to lead you into temptation'.


So we start the hair and she pick the first one and lo and behold , she has my edges ( everything I have worked to grow for the past year) in her hands. I bring her notice to it and she pretends to be deaf and dumb,well I ignore her. She is almost done with it and I tell her I don't like it, this time with an attitude and she actually listens. This time it's unnessecarily bigger but I will take it instaed of that ugliness disguised in thin braids.
My head is paining me and I just notice the tips of my hair are also loosening. What is this madness about? Best believe that come Monday someone will be hearing from me.
So to get the best out of any Lagos salon:
-Go with you and your attitude. Hair making days is not a day where you go with modesty.Reject calmness on that day.
-Talk, Talk Talk. Hair costs a lot .I am a firm believer in the value for money ministry.f I take my hair off,it should be because I am tired not because of incompetence. If they bring a dirty towel to clean your gorgeous mane, talk. Don't say I just don't want tocomplain. Who that one help?
And to anyone in the business of hairstyling.
-Speak plenty grammar, with an accent of course.Nigerians respect anything foreign. That accent you have been practising for your dream job interview? You might be needing it here.
-You are not doing me a favor,as long as money is changing hands its not a favor. When I say jump,you ask me,'how high,mademoiselle? Kapish?'
-If it happens that you don't know how todo a particular hairstyle and I ask you and your answer is yes and I see trash on my head,you will take it off and I won't be paying. You better learn to say I don't know. The days of accomodating incompetence is gone,I have become too impatient for that.
-For the rest of you, who charge based on location, your case dey God hand.
- You cannot waste someone's time and the person leaves your shop without a smile. Nah!! It doesn't add up.
I need help,I should lay off braids for a year. Any idea of affordable options?
Any additional tips on getting the best out of any Lagos salons?


Don't forget to leave a comment ,they make me happy!!

No comments

nwawe ifeoma. Powered by Blogger.