NO ONE OWES YOU!!

princess bad selfjI heard my friend whining about how she had been unemployed for a while and how her uncle who worked in one of Nigeria's biggest bank was at ease and never asked for her CV.
I am there thinking, in this new year, we are blaming people for our misfortunes,already?
I was a little ticked off. How did she get to this stage of entitlement? Who deserves joblessness? Who?
So because someone is/might be related to you by blood, it is the person's job to become your Jesus? The answer to your many problems?

So your uncle has a good job and you are jobless automatically it means the window of employment has been opened for you? Or  that your parents assisted some persons in the past means they owe you?
You see, my life is quite simple (at least that is what I think). I don't like to think anybody owes me anything,because human beings are incapable, they cant be God. By default they have the tendency to disappoint, it iswhat it is.I choose to be responsible for my life (both the good and bad). If I meet assistance on the way, of course I wont say no, and at the same time if you dont offer to help me, I wont fault you.
This type of thinking has helped me, it makes me live my life without bitterness, it makes me live life without the feeling of indebtedness.
In my 400 level, I was getting ready for my internship. A relative who worked in one of the best telecommunication firms in Nigeria said he would help me get a job at his firm, the pay was quit good, so I was excited. I started reading about the organization and preparing for a possible exam or interview. Well it didn't happen, no questions asked, no explanation given. My hope of getting an IT placement that will put a monthly allowance of N35,000 was shut down.
After squeezing my face, I collected transport fare from my mother and made photocopies of my IT letter and started walking the streets of Victoria Island distributing my CV and letter like party souvenir, hoping that at least one company will call me for an interview even if the rest will give it to the Mama selling boli. Well I got lucky, the security officer Diokpa Frank at one of the firms told me, there would be a test the next week and that is how I got my first job. The benefits were wonderful, it include N12,000, lunch by the amazing Mfon and Asuquo, staff bus and wait for it: FREE WIFI!!
My point is, what if I had stayed at home hoping another uncle would assist. I would have just done my IT in Madu and Sons selling spare parts at Abule-Egba Busstop.
2015 has started and truth is no one is loyal. The better life you desire will not answer to your ceaseless whining, it will answer to hard work. No one will push your hustle like you. You just start something, You just use your skill. You just think.God sees and He also rewards your consistent labor..
I will close with Ofili's words: There is no prince charming or knight in shiny armor or super ninja that is going to rescue you this week or the week after next or next year. It’s just you and your bad self.
Hold your head and say after me: No pity party in 2015!! No victim mentality!!
Help me say Amin!!
                                                                                            Love,
                                                                                            Ifeoma N.
Photo Credit: Ofilispeaks.com

No comments

nwawe ifeoma. Powered by Blogger.