DEATH, WHERE IS THY STING??


Part of my morning ritual is checking Facebook for updates from the interesting raconteurs I follow. Today I checked it as usual and I saw an RIP message addressed to Dr Myles Munroe, I thought it was another rumor, this wasn’t the first time someone would spread death rumors about popular people ;hadn't they said the same about Bill Cosby, 2face Idibia?!  The list is endless. I scrolled again, I saw another update from another friend with the same message. My fears were confirmed.
Dr Myles and Ruth Munroe with their daughter and friends had passed on. Being the dramatic person I am , I threw caution to the winds and I wept. I couldn't justify my tears. I kept saying, 'ifeoma, why the tears?!' I wept because I was just tired, this life is so fickle.. This life that Abubakar Shekau is still alive and killing kids in Yobe,this life that the ISIS still thrives and good people just pass on, it's difficult to come to terms with.
I don’t know how this life works, good people die and rapists, pedophiles, murderers who remain unrepentant get a second chance.
I was just thinking, why was his death not less painful, whatever happened to dying in your sleep?!  why did his whole family have to be on that trip with him?!
See how we kill ourselves over who will continue our lineage, our name. A man and his family died and his legacy still lives on. We forget that our kids are not our legacy, but our good works.
God knows I might never understand why these things happen, but when people like this die, I take time out for self appraisal. What is your legacy?! Are You Ready for life after death?! If you are really honest, are you really living or you are just existing?!  If you die now, will you be dying empty, or you will just be a statistic?! So many questions to ask. I feel like I am rambling, so I will just stop.
Dr Myles lived a good life. May his soul rest in perfect peace. Sleep well in the bosom of the Lord.
                  Ifeoma N.

No comments

nwawe ifeoma. Powered by Blogger.