MERRY CHRISTMAS TINS

Sad JoyHello!!!! I know i wont be winning favorite blogger of the year but i promise (*goes down on knees*) that 2014 will be so much better.. Before i forget Merry Christmas in arrears.. How was your Christmas? Mine had a lot of activities and it didn't include turning up, i was babysitting.. I spent the holidays with my cousin and it was overwhelming.. Having kids is not quite glamorous, i don't know how celebs make it look easy..
JUST SO YOU KNOW!!!
So on Christmas day, I cooked fried rice for the family and it was nice :).The reduced bride-price must increase. If i continue at this rate my bride price will soon escalate to pounds and no Nigerian man will be able to pay it, na only expatriate :|
Back to the matter...

On the 23rd, my sister started seeing signs that water will go soon. Anyone who stays along the Lekki axis knows that water is bad and one has to purchase clean water. We called the water guys and they couldn't bring the it, but they kept giving us hope that they will bring it.
On Christmas eve we were still managing the water left and the water guys were still giving us hope...
On Christmas morning, no show, thank God there was cooking water sef, if not na so my fried rice go spoil (bad market).
That is how my family and I did not have our bath until 2 pm because there was no water? It just got me thinking: In Abule-Egba where I reside, 'baffing' water cannot be a problem, even if there is no light, at least one Iya Olomi go open, last last  Iya Shile and Iya Tobi go increase price.. But at least you go still baff.
Personally, i don't understand the logic behind Lekki, you spend so much on rent, and yet the water that comes out of your tap is still hard, electricity is quite crappy and you still have unfriendly neighbors, who are not decen t enough to say good morning when they see.So what are you really paying for the sand used to fill the water-logged land, prestige or societal status? Its really confusing...
Maybe i am complaining cos i am a Mainland babe, but i love the pleasures i enjoy around here from the knockoff shades and cheap stud earrings or is it the street-food (fish, puff-puff, sweet potato,buns,akara,  i could goon..) buy from mallams and finally, clean water...
So please can someone explain to me why they are in love with Lekki while my mainland people give me reasons for loving this part of Lagos????
This is how i feel right now... *straight face*

Pls forgive my title it was inspired by this song Merry Christmas tins by Mbryo and i am loving it..
This is not all.. I still did midnight waka on Christmas day.. Find out how it ended tomorrow.. Ciao..
                                                                                 Luv,
                                                                                 Oma...

No comments

nwawe ifeoma. Powered by Blogger.