COMMIT YOUR WAYS


Commit your way to the Lord,
Trust also in Him,
And He shall bring it to pass

Okay let me share a story.
On Friday, I woke up quite late, I had two appointments to keep, I had my devotional to read (new year, new me),I had promised to make my sister a cake before she traveled back.

So on my preference scale I decided to start baking the cake first, I had it all figured out: mix cake, throw it in the oven, go back to my room and converse with my maker.


Well for some reason, the mixer started acting up, I couldn't understand why.
After my struggle, I had my batter ready, it was time to throw it in the oven and sit pretty while it baked.
Tom my greatest surprise after 30 minutes my cake batter was boiling, it was just spilling out of the pan.
It was doing anything but turning to cake. I said let me leave it for another 30 minutes. 2 hours later, the ugliest cakes I had ever seen came out of the oven. Pfft.

see that brown cake? Its supposed to be red velvet
Where are my going to with this story?
The way we treat God matters a lot. I am not saying God made my cake bad, I am saying He made me learn a lesson of priority. At each point make God a priority, run things by Him.
God should never be second fiddle
There is more to our hustle and bustle. Take time out and just spend time with God.
This year the plan is to grow my faith to a point where I no longer see my circumstances through my eyes;but to see them through the eyes of God, to develop a bride groom relationship with God


I didn't end up reading my Bible that day, I was only able to keep one appointment and my cake still went bad.
Maybe if I had committed my day just like Proverbs admonishes, things would have gone as I wanted it to go.
                                                                 *******
In church yesterday , the minister shared Isaiah 54: 2-3 with us during her sermon, you should read it in the message translation. I pray it ministers to you, like it did to me.
Have you listened to No Longer Slaves by Jonathan David and Melissa Hessler?
What are you waiting for? Its such a powerful song.
Have a blessed week people!!!

Love,
Ifeoma Nwawe
Don't forget to leave a comment. They make me happy!!

No comments

nwawe ifeoma. Powered by Blogger.