TAKING STOCK: FEBRUARY







Can you really say you are in March if you have not received any message saying, 'May you march forward into your destiny'.

Happy New month fam!! But first of all, a quick recap of the month of February.



Mood: Meh. Meh. Meh. February was such an underwhelming month. I would talk about it but now is not the time. When the time comes, ama be like...





Tired of Nigeria and how this country is wicked to her own. First Chibok Girls now Dapchi. The way the President's office act like they are not aware of what is going on in the country. Are newspapers now expensive? Can Aso-rock no longer afford it? If that is the issue can they tell us, so we know to send help their way.

Why is Lagos smelling?For someone like me with almost dead olfactory nerves, Lagos is really bad. Why are we acting like it is normal to have heaps of refuse at designated bus-stops? And the solution is this mess is giving workers, green jumpsuits and oversized jungle boots, and those fancy trash bags; what is really going on? Put the whole country in rice, before we decide if we will throw the entire thing away.
But Nigeria is not really mine, I belong with Trubae.

Celebrated: Valentine alone again, disappointed but not surprised. Et tu nun-hood? A matchmaking account followed me today on IG. God is that you? Do you want me to outsource this searching thing? Do let me know in our next correspondence, sir. Best regards.


Best regards, Oma



Realizing: that I let the tiniest things upset me;  a danfo driver could upset me and I will be thrown off balance.
Speaking: it into the atmosphere that I want a car because tired of danfo.
Danfo conductors behave like insurance people. In a hurry to collect your coins until it is time to ask for your due (change) and they start giving you unnecessary attitude.


Finished: Atoke's book and I am full of joy for my girl. Could have been a lot better tho but for a first book, it was good work.


Currently reading: Luvvie's I am Judging You and cackling because Luvvie is all shades of funny, plus Luvvie be spitting out truths tho.


Judging: myself for not meeting my adult education goals for the month of February.
I am even owing assignments and I wonder how professional students do it like you have a PhD? How? You must really be superhuman. It is days like this I have mixed feelings about CU, one of our core values was lifelong learning and seeing how not great I am at gaining new knowledge? I am ready to throw in the towel because tired.org.







Wondering: when I will finally make out time to see Black Panther especially as I have watched all interviews featuring the cast, liked all posts with the Wakanda pose
I know Kilmonger said 'Is this your King?'
I am also aware that Mbaku said 'Are you done?' 

Also looking forward to seeing Royal Hibiscus Hotel and Gringo.

Loving this interview of Monique on The Breakfast Club. I liked how she and her husband could articulate their thoughts. The way she kept referring to the crew in terms of endearment as she was dragged them. Mo did have a point and while a great majority of the world do not think she is handling it well, I think we should let her be. Can I side eye all of you, who keep saying if you won't get a seat at the table, create your table? Keep quiet, wood is expensive, not everyone can afford it. Did you hear her talk about how she has been blackballed because she calls people out for being trash and they have branded her 'difficult'?

Excited: about March (not like I have a choice). I am working on a particular project and I can't wait for it to come through.

Will I be who I am if I don't tell you people, I plan to blog more often and disappoint? I must do better, obviously.

Don't forget to leave a comment. They make me happy!!



No comments

nwawe ifeoma. Powered by Blogger.