THE LINE BETWEEN HEARTBREAK AND SUICIDE

 I saw a disturbing video on Instagram of a Ghanaian lady who jumped down a 40 storey building because her husband was cheating on her with her mom and they were both pregnant. I was just sad, I cried: the way her bones broke upon hitting the ground. My God!!
I watched that video and these were the lessons I got from it.

*Loyalty, respect is the ultimate: I can't overemphasize the importance of these in a relationship (romantic or platonic). Your romance is filth if it doesn't come with respect. Respect is having the other party at the back of your mind when making decisions. It is understanding the gravity of your actions.
*Heartbreak is deep: For some reason my idea of heartbreak is crying, eating ice cream with Adele's someone like you playing in the background. Yesterday I discovered that people handle the demise of a relationship differently some take up drinking,cutting parts of their body, some commit suicide because their hearts are feeble. Take your relationship seriously, yes its that deep. If you are not interested in being with someone don't 'see as it goes'. Be decent enough and don't lead them on.
*Get a support system: Let me loud it human relationships cannot be overemphasized!!  Look for people who get you,kindred spirits. I am not talking of fickle friendships, please. Connect with people genuinely. Not everytime keep to yourself, sometimes talk to people.
If you are depressed, down, confused, betrayed find someone you can trust to talk to, but don't commit suicide. I understand the power of conversation, it's liberating, you begin to see things in a new light.
Suicide is the lazy way out.
Its my prayer that anyone going through heartbreak finds the light at the tunnel, strength to move on.
Amin.


No comments

nwawe ifeoma. Powered by Blogger.