YOU CANT BE THAT OLD!!!

I'm a chatterbox, many of my friends keep saying, 'Ifeoma, you can talk for Africa sha!!!'. I even intend to make a living out of it one day.
I'm an intern at Cyberspace(free advert already??) and i work at the customer care department which is meant to be the most serene department in the office but ots the opposite in our case. I must admit that most times i add to the noise. My boss has threatened to stone us with stuff if we make noise when a call is being made.
On one fateful Friday, I was talking (i swear it wasn't a godless chatter!!!!) about something work related to an engineer and my voice was raised ( I can't help it) and she was making a call but it didn't occur to me, I actually thought it was one of those personal calls during office hours. In fact I felt it didn't count cos it wasn't work related and immediately i had the sound of a key holder and it hit the table just immediately I sat down and it hit the engineer I was talking to and I was MAD!!!!!! That key holder could have injured me or I might have had a nasty headache throughout the whole day..
The painful part was that she was justifying her action  by saying I was making noise!!!!For the love of sugar, it was work- related!! The one wey pain me pass na when she no say sorry.
This brings me to the essence of this post, is one ever too old to apologize or acknowledge that you are wrong?
To be honest, I'm sick and tired of elderly people (she is not even that old, my mom is way older) thinking that once they have passed a certain age, courtesies are overruled.
I have a great relationship with my mom today not because we are awesome at relationships but because my mom have never felt too old to apologize when wrong.
its easy for someone to say, 'Ifeoma, your own too much sef, make matter rest'. I refuse to rest because i find all these things very disturbing.
I think people should just learn to be civil to each other whether they are your superiors, equals or subordinates.
That said, I can only hope that in my dreams someone is nice enough to add Valium to her tea.
                                                        Love,
                                                        Ifeoma N.

3 comments

Unknown said...

yay! 1st to comment!!! Big ups to Nwawe GGMUB

Unknown said...

Nice lol

Unknown said...

RILI NYC!!!!!!!!!

nwawe ifeoma. Powered by Blogger.